Tuesday 22 January 2013

The End of Week 3

Today marks the end of week 3. I'm not going to lie; it's been harder than I'd thought. Being back at work and having my train equipment weighing me down in the snow has made the week a nightmare. Even counting down the days hasn't helped.
I think that the worst thing about driving a train and doing this diet is that nobody realises that smells travel. If I drive beneath certain stations that serve hot food, I suddenly get hit in the face by the smell of hot toast, or pasties...etc. And the passengers are worse! I've had people sitting behind me at lunchtime (and by that, I mean sitting behind the cab door) eating a box of chicken and chips smothered in vinegar. It doesn't matter that I don't eat chicken - I defy anybody who hasn't eaten for three weeks to not respond to that smell.
Yesterday I travelled home on the cushions (sitting in with the passengers) and a smart young man sat opposite me and proceeded to eat the freshly made sandwich he had obviously just brought from a deli. I could smell that the bread was freshly cooked and sliced, that the butter had melted slightly on the warm bread and that the salad was freshly prepared. There was another smell that I think was ham, but I've never been a fan of the stuff, so I didn't focus on that. The smell made me so hungry that I started to get stomach cramps and I travelled home absolutely miserable.
When I got home, I went straight into the freezer for a pack of Quorn pieces that have been ignored in there since before we went vegan. I was so hungry that I quickly defrosted them and threw them into a pan to cook, then divided them between my house mate and myself, then scarfed them down. BIG mistake. I've become intolerant to egg and I spent the rest of the evening feeling incredibly sick. I'd have gone to the bathroom to assist it out again, but to deal with the bunged up feeling that this diet brings, I'd taken 2 laxatives ad didn't want to have them exit too. All in all, a very unpleasant evening and I've woken this morning feeling very heavy and sick.

And now, onto my loss for week 3. I usually fail to lose a lot when I'm on early shifts at work. I've been waking up between 6-7am after failing to have an early night and the scales have seemed to stay in one position. They've moved slight towards the end of this week, but not by much.

My starting weight: 193.6lbs
My current weight: 176.6lbs
My loss for week 1: 8.4lbs
My loss for week 2: 6.6lbs
My loss for week 3: 2.0lbs
Total loss: 17lbs
Current BMI: 28.1

The words 'Can do better' springs to mind.
I have 3 more days of work and then I'll have 12 weeks to see this plan pay off. I should be in a smaller uniform before I return to work.

One thing that slightly concerns me: My house mate, Helen, is almost at her healthy BMI of 25 and will have to move up to the 810 plan, introducing food. I still have to lose 26.6lbs before I reach BMI 25. It has been pure torture, smelling food, while I've been at work, and I can't imagine it will be any less so having food smells in the house.
Also, as a lovely Xmas/birthday gift, she has booked us to spend a few days over my birthday in February in Vienna. But If I still haven't reached BMI 25 by then, do I eat anyway? I can't imagine that walking through a beautiful city won't leave me absolutely famished and half dead if I don't. But I am concerned about how to order the type of food that Helen and I will be allowed to eat. I don't particularly want to throw caution to the wind for a few days because I find it so hard to stay on this diet once food is introduced. I guess I shall just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LilySlim Weight loss Charts

LilySlim Weight charts
LilySlim Weight loss tickers