Monday 7 January 2013

Week One ends

It has been 7 days since I first posted on this side of the year, so I'll coincide with the dieting group I am joined to on Facebook. The group moderator decided that rather than having our weighing week Mon-Sun, he would start it from the day that the 1st fell on, so our dieting week is Tues-Mon.


My starting weight: 193.6lbs
My current weight: 185.2lbs
My loss for week 1: 8.4lbs

I know that this loss is mostly water, but I'm fairly positive that I'm now in ketosis, which means that the next losses I record will be body fat loss.

Because I developed a granny ass the last time I did this diet, I am also using a vibration plate alongside the diet. My losses since I started using the vibration plate on Friday, have decreased, meaning that I have lost mere ounces instead of pounds over the last few days, but I'm not overly concerned by the numbers on the scale if the tape measure is getting looser.

My Cambridge Weight Plan Counsellor will be coming to see my housemate and I on Wednesday. She will be bringing with her something that I can look at and hold when my losses feel insignificant over the next few months: something that looks and weighs exactly the same as 1lb of body fat! I might keep it in the kitchen. I remember seeing one when I was with my old counsellor, Iris, back in 2008, and thinking that it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen and that just the sight of it would keep me from eating. While the urge to eat is currently gone, I would like to make sure that it doesn't show it's ugly head anytime soon.
Of course, I will be eating soon. I realise that when I return to work next week, I can't do so with nothing in my system (just standing suddenly last night had me collapsing back into my armchair, thinking I was about to pass out, which is clearly not a good thing to happen to a train driver). From Sunday, my housemate and I shall be reintroducing a very small amount of food back into the diet: likely baked mushroom and steamed vegetables.
I will not fail this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LilySlim Weight loss Charts

LilySlim Weight charts
LilySlim Weight loss tickers